Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone!
Today was an instructional day for me. I provided a presentation of egg design to the wonderful kiddos of Wapello Elementary 3rd Grade. They were an intentive audience and asked lots of great questions.
I brought in several eggs of different sizes and let them pass them around. A short synopsis of different types of egg decoration was provided. Gearing a presentation to this age group is fun, as I was able to include the things they like to do into the conversation. Now they know that you don't have to have years and years of practice with egg decorating or a lot of money invested into the craft. They can take up the art with stickers, nail polish, paint, glues, magazine pictures, items from nature.........anything they would like to add to an egg.
I passed around a few egg decorating books and several publications from the IEAG for them to review as well.
Afterwards, Mrs. Kuntz took pictures, which I will share with you at a later date.

Thanks to the 3rd Grade of Wapello Elementary, Mrs. Bev Kuntz, and the other teachers that welcomed me into their classroom today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment